Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Magnetizing a Demolisher

So this last week I put together my Demolisher model that I recently purchased. For the first time I decided that I was going to magnetize my model, so that I could switch out the weapons as I pleased. I made sure to take pictures so that I could show you how I did it. All that I used were some Magcraft magnets that I purchased online and the Demolisher kit.

The first thing I did was put a magnet on the inside of the track housing. I placed it so that it is lined up with where the sponson will go.

The next step I took was magnetizing the sponsons. I glued a bit of sprue into the sponson and glued the magnet onto that. I made sure that the spure was placed so that the magnet would be flush with the sponson. Before you glue the magnet onto the sponson make sure that it will attract to the other magnet and not repel.

This is the Demolisher cannon itself, as you can see I put a smaller magnet inside of the cannon itself. This kit comes with three different cannons, the Demolisher, Executioner, or Punisher, and I wanted to be able to use them all.

I put a magnet on the other side here for the cannons. I had to cut the hole to get it in because I forgot to do it before I assembled the turret.

Here it is all finished. I didn't magnetize the weapons themselves, they fit in tight enough that I feel alright switching them in and out without magnets. I am sure that there are plenty of other ways this can be done, but I am pretty happy with my final product. I can now switch every single weapon on this tank, which is a great improvement over my Battle Tank. Now all I have to do is paint it.

No comments:

Post a Comment