Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Leman Russ Demolisher

In an effort to add to and complete my Imperial Guard army I recently purchased a Leman Russ Demolisher and a Valkyrie. I already have a Battle Tank, so I decided that I wanted a Demolisher so that I my army will have an ordnance answer to terminator armor. Since it has been a while since I last purchased any Warhammer 40k models I was quite impressed by the new look of the boxes.

I decided that the first model to get put together would be the Demolisher. The first thing that I noticed when I opened the box was the instructions. In this new box the instructions are much easier to read and have a better layout than the old instructions. The pictures make much more sense and give you a better idea as to how things are supposed to go together.

The best thing about the new kit is that they have changed the way you put the tracks on the vehicle. The tracks now lock into place instead of you having to try and figure out where they need to go. I know that when I put my Battle Tank together I had quite the time trying to get the tracks to go on just right.

There is one gripe that I have with this kit, it doesn’t have the accessory sprue. I don’t see it as a huge problem though so I’m not too mad about it. The only things that I really liked off that sprue were the antenna and the track guards, but I am not going to pay extra for it.

I’m going to magnetize everything I can on this model so that I can mix and match weapons, something I didn’t do on my battle tank. I’m going to try and take pictures as I go along so that I can create a tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment